Saturday, February 13, 2010

 

A Christian Israelite

If someone were to ask my religious beliefs and my ‘denomination’ I would respond by saying that I am a ‘Christian Israelite’.

This might sound strange at first but I base my response on what I read in:-
“Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

Any serious Bible student can tell you that Abraham, sometimes known as ‘the father of the faithful’, was the father of Isaac who was the father of Jacob whose name was changed as in:-
“Gen 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.”

As a consequence, having accepted Jesus Christ as my personal saviour, believing what He said and taught, then I can say I am His, I am Christ’s, ie. a 'true blue' Christian, and of ‘Abraham’s seed’, a descendant of Abraham, as in Gal. 3:29.

Hence I think I can faithfully refer to myself as a Christian and an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, through Isaac and Jacob. As a result I believe that the term ‘Christian Israelite’ is meaningful and reasonable.

In addition to that, it follows that I am subject to, and accept, the laws that were given to Israel back in the time of Moses. Those laws, statutes and judgments, that are described as “Wisdom and Understanding” in “Deu 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.
Deu 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understandingin the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

Can you imagine ‘the nations’ following up their exclamation and saying “Let us emulate them so we also will be ‘a wise and understanding people.”
Which, I believe, was God's intention, but Israel 'muffed it', so to speak.

There are some in what I call ‘mainstream Christianity’ who propose that the laws of God have been “nailed to the cross”. Can you imagine, “Wisdom and Understanding” nailed to the cross? I am persuaded that those who follow such doctrine are bereft of both wisdom and understanding.

So, I am bound to ‘keep the Passover’ as in
"Exo 12:13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.
Exo 12:14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

Exo 12:25 And it shall come to pass, when ye be come to the land which the LORD will give you, according as he hath promised, that ye shall keep this service.
Exo 12:26 And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service?
Exo 12:27 That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped."

and

"Exo 12:17 And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever."

The ‘Feast of Unleavened Bread’, as part of ‘The Passover’, is to be observed ‘for ever’. So many people just don’t seem to understand the meaning of that term.
The 'Feast of Unleavened Bread', of course, has absolutely nothing to do with hot, yeast filled buns decorated with the 'cross of Tammuz'. See "Bible Tools' here

Much the same applies to ‘The Day of Atonement’ :-
“Lev 16:29 And this shall be a statute for ever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you:”

Remember the concluding words of Gal.3:29 “heirs according to the promise.”
So, what was the promise”

“Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

The promise is found in the next verse:-ie. "Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God. "
For ever!

Then we can find:- "Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Eze 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God."

So what’s all this talk about going to heaven?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?